You’re missing out on a huge opportunity if you’re not using video as part of your marketing effort. One of the most successful ways to market today is providing video content to customers and or potential customers of your product or services. As companies, organizations and entrepreneurs continue to focus on online marketing they need to find ways to disseminate content in various ways and video is one of the most powerful ways to do it. Whether it’s building brand awareness, instructions on how to use a product or service or whether it’s just entertainment video is king especially with the shift to mobile and social media. The statistics are overwhelming, here are just a few.
1) by 2018 video will represent 69% of mobile traffic according to the company Cisco.
2) YouTube is the number two search engine in the World.
3) The Average Internet User is Exposed to an average of 32.2 video in a month.
4) 75% of Users Visit the Marketer’s Website after viewing a video.
5) An average user spends 16 minutes 49 seconds watching online video ads every month.
6) 80% of internet users remember the video ads they watch online.
7) 26% of Internet users look for more information after viewing a video ad.
8) 22% of Internet users visit the website named in a video ad they viewed.
9) After visiting a video ad, 12% of viewers purchase the specific product featured in the Ad.
10) Click-Through Rates Increase 2-3 times when marketers include a video in an email.
For the entire list visit 25 Amazing Video Marketing Statistics
With that said, the question then becomes what’s the most effective way to provide video content. Well it all depends on your audience and the intent of the message: are you trying to generate brand awareness, are you trying to generate leads and or are you attempting to sell your product or service. Once you make a determination on the audience you’re trying to reach and the message you’re trying to convey. Next you have to come with a good story that people will take time to watch. People have a unique ability to relate and sympathize with characters in a story, us humans have been telling stories since the beginning of time. We’ve all heard that having video content of babies, dogs, and cats are popular but you want the content to be relevant to your brand.